Monument record MDR8459 - Guidestone, Gibbert Moor, Baslow and Bubnell
Type and Period (1)
- DIRECTION STONE (Stuart to Georgian - 1700 AD? to 1750 AD?)
Inscribed gritstone signpost on the southern edge of Gibbet Moor, east of Bunker's Hill Wood. Dimentsions 0.33m x 0.35m x 1.55m. The lettering is in upper case and reads: "CHESTERFEILD ROAD, SHEAFFEILD ROADE"; "BAKWELL ROAD". (1) Photographic record. (2-4) Registered as a PPT (5)
- <1> SDR17179 Bibliographic reference: Smith, H. 1996. Guide Stoops of Derbyshire. p. 72-3.
- <2> SDR18975 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Colour photograph collection. Film. 507: 98-101.
- <3> SDR18971 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Slide Collection. 15825.1-2.
- <4> SDR18970 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Black and white photograph collection. 477:24A-25A.
- <5> SDR19109 Bibliographic reference: Hill, R (PPJPB). 1985. Peak Park Treasures. D142.
|Grid reference||SK 2885 6968 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||BASLOW AND BUBNELL, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 1 2016 10:22AM