Monument record MDR8521 - New Pilhough Quarry, Pilhough Road, Stanton in the Peak
Type and Period (1)
- QUARRY (Victorian to Edwardian - 1900 AD to 1910 AD)
- None recorded
Former quarries, producing pulping stones, c. 1910 (1) New Pilhough Quarry was included in a study into the potential to re-establish the roofing slate industry of the South Pennine region. (2) New Pilhough Quarry is shown on the 2nd edition 25" Ordnance Survey map of c. 1900. (3) Modern maps show New Pilhough Quarry as disused. (4)
- <1> SDR15814 Article in serial: Tucker, D. 1985. 'Millstone making in the Peak District of Derbyshire: The quarries & the technology', Industrial Archaeology Review. Vol 8, pp 42-58.
- <2> SDR21454 Bibliographic reference: Hughes, T (PDNPA). 1996. The Grey Slates of the South Pennines, Volume Two: The Quarries and the Slates. p 132, Quarry Number Q115.
- <3> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series. accessed 21/02/2014.
|Grid reference||SK 25076 64527 (point)|
|Civil Parish||STANTON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 5 2014 4:42PM