Monument record MDR8522 - Stanton Moor Quarries, Birchover Road, Stanton in Peak
Type and Period (1)
- QUARRY (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
- <1> SDR15814 Article in serial: Tucker, D. 1985. 'Millstone making in the Peak District of Derbyshire: The quarries & the technology', Industrial Archaeology Review. Vol 8, pp 42-58.
- <2> SDR18971 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Slide Collection. 12990.1-4.
- <3> SDR18970 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Black and white photograph collection. 427.5-6, 429.34.
- <4> SDR21454 Bibliographic reference: Hughes, T (PDNPA). 1996. The Grey Slates of the South Pennines, Volume Two: The Quarries and the Slates. p 132, Quarry Number Q 115.
- <5> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
|Grid reference||Centred SK 24533 63347 (649m by 966m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||STANTON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 18 2019 12:10PM