Monument record MDR8524 - Kirk Meadow mine shaft, Stanton in Peak
Type and Period (2)
- MINE SHAFT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- LEAT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Large shaft in which a hydraulic engine was placed in 1847 by Alport Mining Co. The site includes a leat from Stoney Lee Brook, which goes through Stoney Lee Wood to Stanton Old Mill, then into the tunnel of the shaft (1) Photographic record. (2-3)
- <1> SDR19109 Bibliographic reference: Hill, R (PPJPB). 1985. Peak Park Treasures. C93.
- <2> SDR18970 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Black and white photograph collection. 491.26a, 491.29a-32a.
- <3> SDR18971 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Slide Collection. 12993.1-3.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2333 6441 (10m by 10m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||STANTON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 21 2003 1:08PM