Monument record MDR8535 - Turnpike milestone, Stanton
Type and Period (1)
- MILESTONE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Gritstone milepost, on the 1811 Ashbourne to Haddon turnpike, now the B5056. South side says 'To Bakewell 4 Miles' , northe side says 'To Ashbourn 13 miles' (1-2). Photographic record. (3). West side of the Ashbourne-Bakewell road. (4)
- <1> SDR19109 Bibliographic reference: Hill, R (PPJPB). 1985. Peak Park Treasures. D87.
- <2> SDR12683 Personal Observation: Smith, K (PPJPB). K Smith (Peak Park Joint Planning Board) personal communication. 13.5.1992.
- <3> SDR18970 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Black and white photograph collection. 12:13; 3:24-5.
- <4> SDR18788 Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 1997. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology. A Gazetteer of Sites. Part IV. Derbyshire Dales.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2300 6354 (10m by 10m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||STANTON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 2 2014 11:05AM