(Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1900 AD)
World Heritage Site Buffer Zone
Loading documents & images
Alderwasley Mill stood on the Pendleton Brook, a tributary of the River Derwent. The mill does not appear on Burdett's map of the late 18th century, but is shown on the 1836 Ordnance Survey map. Millers are listed as Store in 1891 and Peacock in 1904. The miller's house still survives. (1)
The OS map of 1922 shows that it was still in use at that time, and that it had a cross-valley dam with a roughly triangular pond on the south-western side of the mill. (2)
Bibliographic reference: Gifford, A. 1999. Derbyshire Watermills: Corn Mills.. p 59.
Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile). Sheets XXXIV.16, XXXIX.4.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3316 5379 (66m by 74m) (Approximate)
ALDERWASLEY, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.