Building record MDR8601 - Field barn, 200m south of Bank Top Farm, Winster
Type and Period (2)
- FIELD BARN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- HAY BARN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Ruined field barn with only a few timbers of the roof remaining. It was extended with a separate hay store on the north side. (1). Trees are growing inside and one wall and gable are partly missing. (2). Photographic record. (3). The building is marked on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map and therefore predates 1880. (4).
- <1> SDR19124 Personal Observation: Murcott, A (PDNPA). 1994-5. Barn Condition Survey. 76.
- <2> SDR19125 Unpublished document: Ingham, D (PDNPA). 2001. Barn condition survey, Birchover and Winster. 76.
- <3> SDR18970 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Black and white photograph collection. 349.37; 350.2-3.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2380 5998 (5m by 11m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||WINSTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 24 2015 11:46AM