Monument record MDR8607 - Milestone, south-west of Winstermoor Farm, Winster
Type and Period (1)
- MILESTONE (Georgian to Victorian - 1750 AD to 1900 AD)
Grade II listed milestone, wedge-shaped with a rounded top. It is inscribed 'To / BAKEWELL / 7 / MILES' and 'To / ASHBOURN / 10 / MILES'. The milestone is on the 1811 Ashbourne-Haddon turnpike road. (1-3) On the Bakewell-Ashbourne turnpike. (4)
- <1> SDR18970 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Black and white photograph collection. 6.83:90-1.
- <2> SDR19551 Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England.
- <3> SDR19355 Index: Higgins, J (The Milestone Society). County Milestone Survey. DY/WIS/02.
- <4> SDR18788 Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 1997. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology. A Gazetteer of Sites. Part IV. Derbyshire Dales.
|Grid reference||SK 2387 5933 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||WINSTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 5 2015 9:03AM