Monument record MDR8608 - Lime kiln, Bonsall Lane, Winster
Type and Period (1)
- LIME KILN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Lime kiln built into a wall beside Bonsall Lane about 300 yards from the junction with the B5056. Only the facing is visible, it has twin draw-tunnels, one is entirely blocked the other is partially clear. (1). Photographic record. (2,3). The kiln is now in a ruined state, but most of the walls still stand. (4).
- <1> SDR13032 Unpublished document: Hill, R (PPJPB). 1986. Limekiln Survey 1985 and 1986.
- <2> SDR13032 Unpublished document: Hill, R (PPJPB). 1986. Limekiln Survey 1985 and 1986. 1992: 479.17.
- <3> SDR18971 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Slide Collection. 1992: 15439.1.
- <4> SDR20034 Personal Observation: Thornton, A. Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2401 5978 (19m by 17m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||WINSTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 5 2015 9:14AM