Skip to main content

Building record MDR8629 - Field barn (site of), Hoe Grange Quarry, Ballidon

Type and Period (1)

  • (Post Medieval to Late 20th Century - 1540 AD to 1992 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

Double storey field barn, built of coursed limestone with gritsone quoins, door and window surrounds and kneelers. Roof of Staffordshire blue tile. Four doors on south facing wall, one hay loft window in each of the east and west gable ends. No openings on the north side. The barn was demolished to make way for an extension to Ballidon Quarry c.1992. (1,2).

Sources/Archives (2)

  • <1> Personal Observation: Smith, K (PPJPB). K Smith (Peak Park Joint Planning Board) personal communication. 1997.
  • <2> Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Slide Collection. 978.1-10.



Grid reference Centred SK 2005 5610 (10m by 10m) (Approximate)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Mar 7 2012 10:28AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.