Monument record MDR8670 - Village troughs and pump, Wellgate Road, Over Haddon
Type and Period (2)
- WATER PUMP (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- TROUGH (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Post medieval, cast iron, black painted ornate pump, c. 1.4 high, with lion motif on the stand. A large square gritstone sink lies beneath the spout. On the opposite roadside are four gritstone troughs. (1). Photographic record. (2). Plotted on the map using the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map. (3).
- <1> SDR19109 Bibliographic reference: Hill, R (PPJPB). 1985. Peak Park Treasures. 10/08/1973; E9.
- <2> SDR18970 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Black and white photograph collection. 1973: 2.3-4. 1983: 6.8-11.
- <3> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
|Grid reference||Centred SK 206 663 (10m by 12m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||OVER HADDON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 6 2007 1:08PM