Monument record MDR8683 - Milestone near Oxclose Wood, Nether Haddon
Type and Period (1)
- MILESTONE (Georgian to Victorian - 1750 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Milestone relocated after road re-surfacing in 1994. The inscription reads 'to Bakewell 3 miles, to Ashbourne 14 miles'. Photographic record. (1-2) Another record for a milestone was recorded at this location [SMR 30300]. It has since been revoked as it is presumably a duplicate of this record. However, in that record it mentions that the milestone is dated to 1811. (4-5)
- <1> SDR18971 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Slide Collection. 10422:1-4.
- <2> SDR18970 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Black and white photograph collection. 498.23-26.
- <3> SDR19355 Index: Higgins, J (The Milestone Society). County Milestone Survey. DY/NED/02.
- <4> SDR19109 Bibliographic reference: Hill, R (PPJPB). 1985. Peak Park Treasures. D88.
- <5> SDR18970 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Black and white photograph collection. 30200: 12/17.
|Grid reference||SK 2329 6508 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||NETHER HADDON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 16 2014 4:25PM