Building record MDR8787 - Railway halt for Blackwell Mill, 460m north of Topleyhead Farm, Blackwell in the Peak
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
19th century roofed stone railway station. Railway halt used for railway employees. It is accepted as having been the smallest in the country. (1). It is more likely that the halt was used by employees of Blackwell Mill. (2). Photographic record. (3,4).
- <1> SDR19267 Bibliographic reference: Hudson, W. 1989. Through Limestone Hills. p149.
- <2> SDR20034 Personal Observation: Thornton, A. Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
- <3> SDR18971 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Slide Collection. 1727.1-2.
- <4> SDR18970 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Black and white photograph collection. 446.0-1.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 110 725 (7m by 5m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||BLACKWELL IN THE PEAK, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 2 2011 12:19PM