Building record MDR8819 - Former shooting lodge, Shining Clough, Charlesworth

Type and Period (1)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

Gritstone and blue slate building. Built by the Howards, Lords of the Manor of Glossop. The shooting lodge is Victorian, but there is a datestone in the field wall which reads "SC WM 1766". Possibly this was taken from an earlier, demolished, lodge to make way either for the reservoir or for the railway. In 1975 the lodge was a gamekeeper's house and dog kennels. (1)

Sources/Archives (1)

  • <1> Bibliographic reference: Hill, R (PPJPB). 1985. Peak Park Treasures. F1, 1975.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 09544 99435 (28m by 17m)
Civil Parish CHARLESWORTH, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Nov 22 2017 4:54PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.