Constructed in 1929 by G & T Earle Ltd and expanded in 1935. Further expansion in 1948 included a 400 ft high chimney and also took place in 1961 and 1969. In 1990 there was a diversion of Castleton Lane and revised quarrying proposals with improved long-term and progressive restoration. This is the site of an innovative Jellicoe plan for environmental screening and restoration. It is a combined limestone quarry and shale extraction site for cement production. (1, 2)
Personal Observation: Smith, K (PPJPB). K Smith (Peak Park Joint Planning Board) personal communication. 1999.
Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Slide Collection. 8150.1-2.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 16528 82328 (852m by 787m) (Approximate)
HOPE, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 11 2016 12:14PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.