Monument record MDR8873 - Village stocks, 152m north-east of The Manor, Little Longstone
Type and Period (1)
- STOCKS (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Stone stock-ends c.70cm high set in the ground within a small walled recess on the village street. (1). Each stock-end has a curved top, and a central slit which originally held the wooden stocks. (2). Grade II listed limestone stocks, dating from the 17th century or earlier. Two end piers with curved tops and slit for the wooden parts to be inserted. The stocks have been set back approximately four feet. (3).
- <1> SDR19109 Bibliographic reference: Hill, R (PPJPB). 1985. Peak Park Treasures. Fifield, P W; E36.
- <2> SDR16667 Unpublished document: Parker, R M. 1991. Pers. Comm..
- <3> SDR19551 Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England.
- <4> SDR18970 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Black and white photograph collection. 13.8.
|Grid reference||SK 1924 7190 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||LITTLE LONGSTONE, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 12 2013 11:30AM