Monument record MDR8914 - Footpath sign, Parsons Piece, Derwent
Type and Period (1)
- SIGNPOST (Mid 20th Century to Unknown - 1935 AD)
- None recorded
Two metal footpath signs, a larger sign above a smaller one, erected in 1935 by the Peak District and Northern Counties Footpaths Preservation Society to encourage the use of rights of way by ramblers. The larger sign reads: NO. 86 1935 PUBLIC FOOTPATH VIA DERWENT EDGE TO DERWENT PLEASE KEEP TO PATH AND LEAVE NO LITTER The smaller reads: BEYOND THE COTTAGE THE PATH BEARS LEFT BEFORE RUNNEL IS REACHED. (1)
- <1> SDR19475 Unpublished document: Bevan, B (PDNPA). 1996. Moscar House, Derwent and Outseats, Derbyshire, archaeological survey, 1996. Feature 52, pp 21-22.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 225 878 (100m by 100m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||DERWENT, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 28 2017 4:57PM