Monument record MDR8953 - Brough Bridge, Stretfield Road, Brough
Type and Period (1)
- ROAD BRIDGE (Georgian to Unknown - 1824 AD)
The road bridge by the weir near Brough Corn Mill bears the date 1824. (1) Brough Bridge - Early 19th century and similar to Yorkshire Bridge in Bamford. Ashlar and of two spans with segmental arches of wide span. Semi-circular cut water on both sides. Grade II. (4)
- <1> SDR4751 Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D. 1984. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology - A Gazetteer of Sites. Part I. Borough of High Peak. p. 7.
- <2> SDR18970 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Black and white photograph collection. 26.8.
- <3> SDR19107 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). 1998-2001. Peak District National Park Authority Farm Surveys. 2001: 379.27-28.
- <4> SDR19111 Index: Council for British Archaeology (CBA). CBA Industrial Archaeology Report Card. Brough Bridge.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 18381 82647 (24m by 30m)|
|Civil Parish||BROUGH AND SHATTON, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 5 2013 4:14PM