Small brick church of 1840 with lancet windows and embattled brick west tower. (1)
A grade II listed Parish Church, dated 1840. It is built of red brick in Flemish bond, with stone and moulded brick dressings. It has a slate roof with a stone ridge and moulded stone coped gables, with a ridge cross to the east. It has a plinth and a coved brick eaves band, and also has stepped clasping buttresses to each corner of the nave and tower. It has a simple plan, with an entrance in the western tower and a three bay nave. The interior is very plain, with a panelled wooden gallery on iron columns to the west, plain bench pews, and 19th century knobbed balustered altar rails. There is a cusped wooden pulpit and panelled reredos beyond the rails (see list description for more details). (3)
Bibliographic reference: Pevsner, N. 1979. The Buildings of England: Derbyshire. 2nd ed., revised. p 362.
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. Ref: 81331.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 186 402 (16m by 9m) (Approximate)
YEAVELEY, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 8 2011 4:53PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.