Whaley Mill. Standing on a stream feeding into the River Poulter, this mill is shown on a map dating from 1682 and is marked on the 1840 OS map. It was demolished in 1935 and the stone used for other buildings in the village. The mill pond is still to be seen. Millers include John Moore in 1885, Abraham Moody up to 1902 and Frank Hall in 1903. (1)
Bibliographic reference: Gifford, A. 1999. Derbyshire Watermills: Corn Mills.. C34, p 129.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 51737 71259 (155m by 201m) (Approximate)
SCARCLIFFE, BOLSOVER, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 12 2017 4:44PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.