Monument record MDR9095 - Cutting, between Roystone Grange Quarry & Gallowlow Lane, Cromford & High Peak Railway, Ballidon
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY CUTTING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Cutting through limestone approximately five metres wide and four metres high. The sides are overgrown with vegetation and trees. (1-5) NGR: SK 20605 56901 - SK 20517 57178
- <1> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 261.
- <2> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 189.
- <3> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Derbyshire XXXIII.7.
- <4> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <5> SDR19347 Bibliographic reference: Morris, R. 2003. The Archaeology of Railways. p72.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 20523 57178 (92m by 279m) (GPS derived)|
|Civil Parish||BALLIDON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 17 2007 10:54AM