Monument record MDR9096 - Level crossing, near Gallowlow Lane, Cromford & High Peak Railway, Ballidon
Type and Period (1)
- LEVEL CROSSING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Presumed site of a level-crossing over the Cromford & High Peak Railway, connecting Gallowlow Lane to the south-east and Minninglow Lane/tramway to the north-west. Whilst the alignment of the tracks/lanes are still clearly visible, (and in use), there are no other signs of the level crossing. (1-5).
- <1> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. p262.
- <2> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <3> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
- <5> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 190.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 20523 57238 (14m by 30m) (GPS derived)|
|Civil Parish||BALLIDON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 17 2007 10:47AM