Monument record MDR9097 - Tramway near Gallowlow Lane, Cromford & High Peak Railway, Ballidon
Type and Period (1)
- TRAMWAY (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
North-west to south-east aligned tramway. The presence of a tramway is marked on the 1st edition OS map. The tramway presumably transported clay and sand from a nearby pit to the Minninglow Brickworks. The route of the tramway is well-preserved and is still used as a routeway. The route has boundary walls flanking it on either side. No signs of the actual tramlines, or any other associated features, survive in the vicinity of the Cromford & High Peak Railway. (1-5).
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature no: 191.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. p263.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Sheet XXXIII.7.
- <5> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
|Grid reference||SK 20268 57589 (point) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||BALLIDON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 30 2012 8:13AM