Monument record MDR9098 - Boundary/retaining wall from Gallowlow Lane to Minninglow Quarry, Cromford & High Peak Railway, Ballidon
Type and Period (2)
- REVETMENT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BOUNDARY WALL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Drystone wall constructed from limestone. The wall continues along Gallowlow Lane, the start point recorded represents the point at which it joins the Cromford & High Peak Railway. In the vicinity of the embankment, the wall becomes a massive retaining wall forming the embankment. (1-6). NGR: SK 20529 57229 - SK 20562 57554
- <1> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. p267, 272.
- <2> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature no: 193.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <5> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
- <6> SDR18890 Bibliographic reference: Marshall, J. 1996. The Cromford & High Peak Railway. p87.
|Grid reference||SK 20551 57383 (point)|
|Civil Parish||BALLIDON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 30 2012 8:13AM