Monument record MDR9116 - Railway bridge, north-west of Minninglow Grange, Cromford & High Peak Railway, Ballidon
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY BRIDGE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Large stone bridge set within massive stone embankment. The bridge is approximately seven metres wide and seven metres high. The tunnel is approximately five metres wide, six metres high and nine metres long. The bridge is built from dressed limestone blocks laid in even courses and mortared. The edges of the bridge are keyed into the retaining wall. (1-8).
- <1> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. pp 283-284.
- <2> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature no 204.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXX111.6.
- <5> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
- <6> SDR19340 Bibliographic reference: Blakemore, M & Mosley, D. 2003. Railways of the Peak District. p50.
- <7> SDR19344 Bibliographic reference: Jones, N & Bentley, M. 2000. 'Onwards to Cromford and High Peak Junction', Scenes from the Past, 37. p10.
- <8> SDR19341 Bibliographic reference: Coleford, I C. 1996. The Cromford and High Peak Railway. p1.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 19637 58186 (25m by 25m) (GPS derived)|
|Civil Parish||BALLIDON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 30 2012 8:12AM