Monument record MDR9117 - Level crossing, Minninglow Goods Yard, Cromford & High Peak Railway, Ballidon
Type and Period (1)
- LEVEL CROSSING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Site of level-crossing allowing the track/road (Mouldridge Lane) to cross over the Cromford & High Peak Railway just before Minninglow Goods Yard. There is now no sign of the crossing. The road has become more established, whilst the High Peak Trail breaks to cross it. (1-7).
- <1> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 286.
- <2> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature no: 205.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXXIII.6.
- <5> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
- <6> SDR19344 Bibliographic reference: Jones, N & Bentley, M. 2000. 'Onwards to Cromford and High Peak Junction', Scenes from the Past, 37. p8.
- <7> SDR19341 Bibliographic reference: Coleford, I C. 1996. The Cromford and High Peak Railway. p25.
|Grid reference||SK 19513 58148 (point) (GPS derived)|
|Civil Parish||BALLIDON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 30 2012 8:13AM