Monument record MDR9123 - Boundary wall, Gotham Curve to Newhaven Crossing, Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (1)
- BOUNDARY WALL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Drystone wall constructed from irregular limestone blocks. The wall stands approximately 0.7 metres high at the start point. The wall begins as the boundary wall for the lane linking the different parts of Gotham Grange. The start point recorded here, represents the point at which the wall joins the Cromford & High Peak Railway. The end point is where the wall leaves the Cromford & High Peak Railway and turns down Back Lane, at the level crossing. (1). NGR: SK 18776 58483 - SK 18493 59018
- <1> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 292.
- <2> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 211.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Derbyshire XXXIII.6.
- <5> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
- <6> SDR19349 Bibliographic reference: Rimmer, A. 1998. The Cromford and High Peak Railway. p69.
- <7> SDR19344 Bibliographic reference: Jones, N & Bentley, M. 2000. 'Onwards to Cromford and High Peak Junction', Scenes from the Past, 37. p 6,9,10.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 18842 58701 (347m by 532m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||PARWICH, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 4 2008 2:49PM