Monument record MDR9126 - Level-crossing, between Gotham Curve & Newhaven Crossing, Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (1)
- LEVEL CROSSING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Site of level-crossing, where Back Lane (now a public footpath) crosses the track. Back lane is a substantial lane with drystone walls along each side. All that remains of the level-crossing are the four walls coming out of the lane to join the track, and two sets of stone gateposts whose provenance is uncertain. (1-5).
- <1> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. p297.
- <2> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature no: 214.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Derbyshire XXXIII.2.
- <5> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
|Grid reference||Centred SK 18483 59011 (54m by 19m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||HARTINGTON NETHER QUARTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
|Civil Parish||PARWICH, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 30 2012 8:14AM