Monument record MDR9139 - Loading platform and siding, Friden, Hartington Nether Quarter
Type and Period (2)
- GOODS STATION (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- RAILWAY SIDING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
The Derbyshire Silica Firebrick Co. Ltd - brickworks siding. The location of the siding can still be recognised where the track widens just after a level-crossing, towards Friden Goods Yard. The southern edge of the siding is formed by a boundary wall. The loading platform is constructed from irregular limestone blocks, held together with mortar. The top of the loading platform is concrete. The loading platform is approximately 1.1 metres high and 50 metres long. (1-8).
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature no: 226.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. Survey ref: 309.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Derbyshire XXVIII.13.
- <5> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
- <6> SDR19349 Bibliographic reference: Rimmer, A. 1998. The Cromford and High Peak Railway. pp 51-52.
- <7> SDR19344 Bibliographic reference: Jones, N & Bentley, M. 2000. 'Onwards to Cromford and High Peak Junction', Scenes from the Past, 37. p3.
- <8> SDR19343 Bibliographic reference: Jones, N & Bentley, M. 2000. Scenes from the Past: 37 (Part One) Railways of the High Peak. 'Whaley Bridge to Friden'. p69, 73, 75-77.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 16885 60939 (61m by 46m) (GPS derived)|
|Civil Parish||HARTINGTON NETHER QUARTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 30 2012 8:14AM