Monument record MDR9149 - Arch bridge, between Green Lane & Parsley Hay: Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (1)
- ARCH BRIDGE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Arched bridge carrying the road over the railway. Constructed from large, carefully dressed with tooling, rectangular limestone blocks. The arch is approximately 6m high, 7m across and 9m long. The arch blocks are one course deep and are carefully tooled with makers margers; eg #, +, A. the rest of the bridge is made from less carefully dressed blocks. The bridge itself is approximately 11m across. Limestone slabs/lintels separate it from the boundary wall above. (1-7).
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 236.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 323-324.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Derbyshire XXVIII.9.
- <5> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
- <6> SDR19343 Bibliographic reference: Jones, N & Bentley, M. 2000. Scenes from the Past: 37 (Part One) Railways of the High Peak. 'Whaley Bridge to Friden'. p. 67.
- <7> SDR18890 Bibliographic reference: Marshall, J. 1996. The Cromford & High Peak Railway. p. 84.
|Grid reference||SK 15375 62732 (point)|
|Civil Parish||HARTINGTON MIDDLE QUARTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 1 2007 3:09PM