Monument record MDR9154 - Retaining wall between Green Lane & Parsley Hay: Cromford & High Peak Railway, Hartington Middle Quarter
Type and Period (1)
- REVETMENT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Retaining wall forming part of siding (SMR 29036). The retaining wall continues towards Parsley Hay, but in the vicinity of the siding the wall is drystone (mainly limestone), dressed blocks, laid in courses. The wall here is approximately 2m high, with approximately 9m length visible, as it rises up the slope of the cutting, following the route of the siding. The rest of the wall is dressed limestone blocks laid in drystone courses and stands approximately 1m high within the cutting. To the north of the bridge (SMR 29030) the wall is approximately 1.6m high. The wall finishes just before the tunnel (SMR 29037). (1-6). NGR: SK 15417 62649 - SK 15144 62949
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 240.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 319.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Derbyshire XXVIII.9.
- <5> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
- <6> SDR19349 Bibliographic reference: Rimmer, A. 1998. The Cromford and High Peak Railway. p.52.
|Grid reference||SK 15404 62670 (point) (Surveyed)|
|Civil Parish||HARTINGTON MIDDLE QUARTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 31 2007 4:41PM