Monument record MDR9171 - Industrial structures, Parsley Hay: Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (2)
- GOODS YARD (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval to 21st Century - 1540 AD to 2050 AD)
- None recorded
The large complex of sidings, goods yard and passenger station, which once stood at Parsley Hay, is now overlain by a car-park and visitors centre; any remains will lie buried beneath these structures. The old map shows that lost structures include: platforms & platform buildings on the south side of the bridge, four sidings, goods shed, crane and various other buildings. Parsley Hay House and Station House appear to be old cottages on the road-side, now in private hands. An old loading dock, next to the lost crane and goods shed, possibly survives as a line of gritstone blocks. A siding would have run behind the loading dock, with goods being loaded from road vehicles using the crane. (1-12).
- <1> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Derbyshire XXVII.8.
- <3> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
- <4> SDR19349 Bibliographic reference: Rimmer, A. 1998. The Cromford and High Peak Railway. p53.
- <5> SDR19343 Bibliographic reference: Jones, N & Bentley, M. 2000. Scenes from the Past: 37 (Part One) Railways of the High Peak. 'Whaley Bridge to Friden'. pp 61-65.
- <6> SDR18890 Bibliographic reference: Marshall, J. 1996. The Cromford & High Peak Railway. p90.
- <7> SDR19346 Article in serial: Marshall, J. 1981. 'High Peak Sesquicentenary, part two' Railway Magazine, Sept. edition, p422-427. September edition. p424.
- <8> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 252.
- <9> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. pp 336-337.
- <10> SDR10751 Bibliographic reference: Nixon, F. 1969. The Industrial Archaeology of Derbyshire. p272.
- <11> SDR19348 Bibliographic reference: Nicholson, C P & Barnes, P. 1975. Railways in the Peak District. p16.
- <12> SDR19345 Article in serial: Marshall, J. 1981. 'High Peak Sesquicentenary, part one,' Railway Magazine. July edition, pp 322-325. p425.
|Grid reference||SK 14696 63692 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||HARTINGTON MIDDLE QUARTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
|Civil Parish||HARTINGTON TOWN QUARTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 1 2007 11:50AM