Monument record MDR9173 - Parsley Hay cutting: Cromford & High Peak Railway, Hartington Middle Quarter
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY CUTTING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Cutting through limestone. The cutting is approximately 7m wide and 5m at its highest point. Boundary walls (SMR 29040 & 7100), rise up above the cutting. (1-4). NGR: SK 14176 63981 - SK 13919 64067
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 254.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 338.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Derbyshire XXVII.8.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 14042 64018 (1m by 1m)|
|Civil Parish||HARTINGTON MIDDLE QUARTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 31 2007 3:51PM