Monument record MDR9186 - Boundary wall, near Cotesfield Farm, along original trackbed: Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (1)
- BOUNDARY WALL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Drystone boundary wall, approximately 1.5m high, made from irregular limestone blocks. This is the boundary wall of the old Cromford & High Peak Railway track. The wall goes over a cutting (SMR 29053), and is tumbled in areas. (1-5). NGR: SK 13280 64460 - SK 13045 64660
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 265.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 346.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Derbyshire XXVII.8.
- <5> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
|Grid reference||SK 13087 64486 (point)|
|Civil Parish||HARTINGTON MIDDLE QUARTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 31 2007 12:56PM