Monument record MDR9187 - Cutting of original trackbed, near Cotesfield Farm: Cromford & High Peak Railway, Hartington Middle Quarter
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY CUTTING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Cutting through limestone. Cutting for original route of the Cromford & High Peak Railway. The cutting is approximately 1.5m wide and 3/4m at its highest point. Boundary walls rise above the cutting. (1-4). NGR: SK 13246 64475 - SK 13123 64480
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 266.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 346.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Derbyshire XXVII.8.
|Grid reference||SK 13186 64471 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||HARTINGTON MIDDLE QUARTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 31 2007 1:56PM