Monument record MDR9188 - Bridge, Cotesfield Farm: Cromford & High Peak Railway, Hartington Middle Quarter
Type and Period (1)
- BRIDGE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Bridge taking a farm track over the Cromford & High Peak Railway track. Constructed of large, regular, gritstone blocks. Approximately 4m from ground level, either side, are a line of large, carved, gritstone slabs/lintels which continue all the way through the tunnel. The arch, above the gritstone slabs, consists of three courses of blue bricks with headers forming the sides. There is later repair of the tunnel roof with a layer of concrete. Above the arch is a course of moulded, or carved, gritstone slabs, following the line of the arch.at farm track level is another line of carved gritstone lintels, above which there is a boundary wall made up of smaller gritstone blocks. (1-4).
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature no: 267.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 348.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
|Grid reference||SK 13151 64575 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||HARTINGTON MIDDLE QUARTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 30 2012 8:11AM