Monument record MDR9189 - Cutting near Cotesfield Farm: Cromford & High Peak Railway, Hartington Middle Quarter
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY CUTTING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Cutting through limestone with sloping sides. The cutting is approximately 9m wide and 6m at its highest point. Boundary walls rise up and travel along the top of the embankment. The structure is comprised of two, almost continuous, cuttings with the second northern section (towards Hurdlow), being much shorter. The railway trackbed in this area is on the side of a hill sloping from east to west. (1-4). NGR: SK 13265 64489 - SK 13021 65207
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 268.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 348.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
|Grid reference||SK 13043 64851 (point)|
|Civil Parish||HARTINGTON MIDDLE QUARTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 31 2007 1:50PM