Building record MDR9196 - Brick cabin, Hurdlow Goods, Cromford & High Peak Railway, Hartington Middle Quarter
Type and Period (2)
- HUT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- RAILWAY STOREHOUSE ? (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Brick structure, three metres by two and half metres and three metres high. Single room with a pre-fabricated concrete floor and a single long bench built along the west wall of the structure. The building has walls to three sides and is open to the east, (facing the Cromford & High Peak Railway track), it has a pitched roof with slate tiles. A possible plate-layers cabin or similar. (1,2). Recorded on the 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map and it therefore predates c.1899. (4).
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature no: 275.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 355.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
|Grid reference||Centred SK 12931 65716 (4m by 5m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||HARTINGTON MIDDLE QUARTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 30 2012 8:19AM