Monument record MDR9198 - Stone bridge, Hurdlow Goods: Cromford & High Peak Railway, Hartington Middle Quarter
Type and Period (1)
- BRIDGE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Stone overbridge allowing a road to passover the Cromford & High Peak Railway. The bridge is approximately 12m wide and 6m high, the bridge is constructed from large, dressed gritstone blocks, with rough outer faces, laid in even courses. Many of the blocks have a circular depression carved into their outer face. The bridge footings are spanned by a flat, pre-fabricated, concrete slab. The Edina Digimap shows that this bridge is not contemporary with the earlier Cromford & High Peak Railway as the road appears to go under it. (1-5).
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature no: 277.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 361.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
- <5> SDR19343 Bibliographic reference: Jones, N & Bentley, M. 2000. Scenes from the Past: 37 (Part One) Railways of the High Peak. 'Whaley Bridge to Friden'. p. 59.
|Grid reference||SK 12747 65994 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||HARTINGTON MIDDLE QUARTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 30 2012 8:19AM