Monument record MDR9215 - Brick bridge, near Street Farm: Cromford & High Peak Railway, Hartington Middle Quarter
Type and Period (1)
- BRIDGE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Large over-bridge, with a high arch. The bridge is constructed of alternate courses of red brick, blue brick and gritstone quoins and is topped with gritstone slabs/lintels. The bridge has telegraph wire fittings in-situ. (1-6).
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 294.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 376.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Derbyshire XXII.15.
- <5> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
- <6> SDR19343 Bibliographic reference: Jones, N & Bentley, M. 2000. Scenes from the Past: 37 (Part One) Railways of the High Peak. 'Whaley Bridge to Friden'. p. 59.
|Grid reference||SK 11810 67215 (point)|
|Civil Parish||HARTINGTON MIDDLE QUARTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 8 2017 3:14PM