Monument record MDR9236 - Railway bridge (remains of), Bridgehouse Farm; Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY BRIDGE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
A former under bridge allowing the Cromford & High Peak Railway to pass over the A54. The bridge was constructed of dressed gritstone blocks with rough outer-faces, laid in even courses. The bridge has been demolished and all that remains is a single large bridge footing, 15m wide and 8m high. The bridge was skewed and still has a single large sloping buttress on one side. (1-5)
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 315.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 406-407.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXI.4.
- <5> SDR19343 Bibliographic reference: Jones, N & Bentley, M. 2000. Scenes from the Past: 37 (Part One) Railways of the High Peak. 'Whaley Bridge to Friden'. p. 33.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 03800 72048 (1m by 1m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||BUXTON, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 27 2015 3:39PM