Monument record MDR9239 - Stone bridge, near Bridgehouse Farm; Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY BRIDGE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Blocked up tunnel and bridge. Constructed of small regular gritstone blocks/slabs, mortared, with large carved gritstone slabs on top. The tunnel portal is made up of large, well dressed/tooled gritstone blocks. The bridge is approximately 10m wide and 6m high, the tunnel approximately 6m wide and 5m high. The other tunnel portal is not visible, so could have collapsed. (1).
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 318.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 412.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXI.4.
- <5> SDR19343 Bibliographic reference: Jones, N & Bentley, M. 2000. Scenes from the Past: 37 (Part One) Railways of the High Peak. 'Whaley Bridge to Friden'. p. 24-25.
- <6> SDR18890 Bibliographic reference: Marshall, J. 1996. The Cromford & High Peak Railway. p. 64.
|Grid reference||SK 03488 72315 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||HARTINGTON UPPER QUARTER, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 27 2015 3:39PM