Monument record MDR9248 - Boundary wall, Harpur Hill (original trackbed); Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (1)
- BOUNDARY WALL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Drystone wall constructed of irregular limestone blocks. The wall stands 0.4m high at its start, but is tumbled down. The wall rises above cutting SMR 31619. Part of the Cromford & High Peak Railway original trackbed (deviation), the wall flanks embankment SMR 31621. Where the wall has tumbled down, at the south-east end of the embankment, there are approximately ten disused gritstone sleeper blocks, and many more along the section adjacent to the embankment. The end point of the wall is arbitrary as the site is inaccessible. (1). NGR: SK 04988 70063 - SK 05270 69620
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 327.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 422, 426-427.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXI.8; XXII.5.
- <5> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
|Grid reference||SK 05050 69832 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||HARTINGTON UPPER QUARTER, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 14 2011 9:49AM