Monument record MDR9250 - Cutting, Harpur Hill (original trackbed); Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY CUTTING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Long low cutting through limestone. Part of the original Cromford & High Peak Railway track (deviation), the cutting is approximately 5m wide and 3-4m high. (1). NGR: SK 04990 70068 - SK 05021 69890
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 329.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 422-423.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XXI.8.
|Grid reference||SK 05009 69972 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||HARTINGTON UPPER QUARTER, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 14 2011 9:50AM