Monument record MDR9269 - Cutting, Bunsal Incline; Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY CUTTING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Cutting through gritstone, approximately 10m high and 10m wide. The modern road, constructed in 1967, runs along the bottom of the cutting. Near the bridge, (SMR 31641), the road deviates from the course of the Cromford & High Peak Railway to go over the reservoir dam. In the process the road cuts through the cutting and the land has been filled in and levelled. The cutting continues north of the bridge. NGR: SK 01957 75774 - SK 01759 75923
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 348.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 455-456.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000. C&HPR: 160-161.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XIV.11.
- <5> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
- <6> SDR19343 Bibliographic reference: Jones, N & Bentley, M. 2000. Scenes from the Past: 37 (Part One) Railways of the High Peak. 'Whaley Bridge to Friden'. p. 20.
- <7> SDR18890 Bibliographic reference: Marshall, J. 1996. The Cromford & High Peak Railway. p. 88.
|Grid reference||SK 01853 75847 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||HARTINGTON UPPER QUARTER, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 22 2007 4:37PM