Monument record MDR9283 - Engine house & locomotive shed (site of), Shallcross Incline, Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (2)
- ENGINE HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- ENGINE SHED (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Site of the former Shallcross Incline engine house and locomotive shed, both of which are now lost. Although the area is overgrown, there appears to be a mound which may indicate sub-surface remains. The site and the top of Shallcross Incline is heavily overgrown, before the Cromford & High Peak Railway line enters a series of private gardens which are inaccessible. NGR: SK 01540 79630. (1-5)
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 362.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 477-479.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000. C&HPR: 177.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). VIII.15.
- <5> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
|Grid reference||SK 01535 79628 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||WHALEY BRIDGE, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 29 2016 4:46PM