Monument record MDR9290 - Skew bridge, Shallcross; Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (1)
- BRIDGE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Skew bridge constructed of small dressed gritstone blocks, laid in even courses. The bridge is approximately 10m wide and 6m high, while the tunnel is approximately 6m wide, 5.5m high and 22m long. The bridge allows the A625 to pass over the Cromford & High Peak Railway. (1-8)
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 369.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 491-492.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000. C&HPR: 182.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). VIII.15.
- <5> SDR19343 Bibliographic reference: Jones, N & Bentley, M. 2000. Scenes from the Past: 37 (Part One) Railways of the High Peak. 'Whaley Bridge to Friden'. p. 11.
- <6> SDR18890 Bibliographic reference: Marshall, J. 1996. The Cromford & High Peak Railway. p. 92.
- <7> SDR19349 Bibliographic reference: Rimmer, A. 1998. The Cromford and High Peak Railway. p. 66.
- <8> SDR19368 Map: OS. 2002. OS Explorer OL1 (2002).
|Grid reference||SK 01215 80650 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||WHALEY BRIDGE, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 29 2016 4:46PM