Monument record MDR9312 - Bridge footings, nr. Harpur Hill; Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (1)
- BRIDGE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Bridge footings from a dismantled road bridge. Large, regular, roughly dressed, gritstone blocks. Square pillar approximately 1m high at the end of the footings, with a square carved slab on top, and carved slabs up the sides. The eastern footing is better preserved, and is approximately 2.5m high and 20m long. The western footing is only just visible, and is mostly demolished. (1)
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 391.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 530.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000. C&HPR: 122.
- <4> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
|Grid reference||Centred SK 07234 70200 (1m by 1m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||HARTINGTON UPPER QUARTER, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 7 2014 3:09PM