Monument record MDR9319 - Boundary/retaining wall, original trackbed, Hillhead Quarry; Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (2)
- BOUNDARY WALL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- REVETMENT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Short section of a boundary wall / retaining wall that still survives, although surrounded on all sides by dumps from the quarry. The section of wall is approximately 10-15m long although it is not clear from which side of the track it originally came from. (1).
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 398.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 542.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000. C&HPR: 1st edn OS 13.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XX11.9.
|Grid reference||SK 07643 69344 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||HARTINGTON UPPER QUARTER, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 3 2020 10:33AM