Monument record MDR9320 - Bridge, original trackbed, Hillhead Quarry; Cromford & High Peak Railway
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY BRIDGE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Bridge built to allow a track to pass beneath the Cromford & High Peak Railway. The face of the bridge is still fully exposed on its north-west side, but is almost completely buried on the south-east side. The bridge is mainly constructed of roughly dressed limestone blocks, laid in courses. The arch of the bridge is constructed of brick. The buttresses which flank the bridge have been partially lost. (1).
- <1> SDR19352 Archive: Jessop, O. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey. ARCUS 738b. Feature number: 399.
- <2> SDR19353 Photograph: ARCUS. 2003. Cromford & High Peak Railway and Peak Forest Tramway Survey, Project 738b. Digital photograph. 543-545.
- <3> SDR19350 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2003. OS Landline (2003) from EDINA Digimap. 1:2000. C&HPR: 1st edn OS 13.
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). XX11.9.
- <5> SDR19351 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 2002. OS Explorer 0L24 (2002).
|Grid reference||SK 07577 69208 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||HARTINGTON UPPER QUARTER, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 3 2020 10:33AM